The engineering transfer program consists of two years of study in the Physics Department at Rutgers-Camden and two years in the School of Engineering at Rutgers-New Brunswick. Below, you will find suggested curriculum sheets for each of the most common majors in the School of Engineering.
- General information about transferring
- Camden course equivalences and transferring with junior status (including curricula for engineering majors not listed below), please click here.
- Acceptable electives
Suggested Course Sequences
The sequences are for the five most popular engineering majors.
To complete the program in four years, qualified students should take 14:155:201: Chemical Engineering Analysis and 14:155:208: Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics at New Brunswick in the summer after completing the two-year curriculum at Camden. They are required courses that must be taken before the junior-level major courses.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
To complete the program in four years, qualified students should attempt to transfer after their first year. 14:125:201: Introduction to Biomedical Engineering and 14:125:208: Introduction to Biomechanics are required courses that have no equivalent in Camden and are not offered in the summer in New Brunswick. They must be completed before several of the third-year courses.
Approved Humanities and Social Science Electives
Fifteen to 18 credits of Social Science or Humanities electives are required. These credits include the required MicroEconomics (50:220:102) course in Camden. Only six credits of the remaining 12-15 may be at 100-200 level. Get the details, including examples.
The following CCAS courses are considered acceptable as humanities/social science electives by the Rutgers School of Engineering. They are not quantitative in nature.
- Anthropology (070): All courses
- Art History (082): All courses
- Economics (220): All except Econometrics 220:322
- English (350, 352): All courses
- French (420): All courses at intermediate and higher level
- German (470): All courses at intermediate and higher level
- History (510, 512, 516): All courses
- Music (700): All courses except performance
- Philosophy (730): All courses
- Political Science (790): All courses
- Psychology (830): All courses except Statistics 830:250
- Religion (840): All courses
- Russian (860): All courses at intermediate and higher level
- Sociology (920): All courses except Method and Theory 920:301
- Spanish (940): All courses at intermediate and higher level
- Theater Arts (965): All courses
- Urban Studies (975): All courses
- Women’s Studies (988): All courses